14 Day Incredible Scandinavia Tour
YOUR ESCAPES GURU PACKAGE INCLUDES
- International return airfares to Copenhagen, returning from Stockholm with a full service carrier including 20kgs checked luggage
We will get you to and from your holiday with no troubles – all you need to do is pack your bag and make your way to the airport! Enjoy a return airfare and taxes with a full-service carrier included in the price!
- 11 nights in 3.5 to 4 star hotel accommodation
Enjoy a total of 11 nights staying in accommodation across Europe. Your accommodation is sorted as you make your way from Copenhagen to Stockholm.
- 10 breakfasts and 1 dinner
Expect to feast on delicious classics and regional specialties throughout the tour, with 10 breakfasts and a dinner included on tour.
- Locally guided city tours in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Oslo and Stockholm
Experience all the magical Scandinavian cities have to offer with numerous locally guided city tours included in your holiday package.
- 12 days Professional English-speaking tour leader with transportation by airconditioned coach
Do not miss out on a thing this holiday! Your tour includes English-speaking tour leader(s) throughout your tour of Scandinavia. Get around in total comfort! Enjoy air-conditioned coach transportation when touring Europe this holiday as you see the sites without breaking a sweat!
- Coach transfers
The last thing you want to do on your holiday is stress about how you’re going to get from A to B in Europe. With us, you won’t have to worry! Enjoy transfers on us this holiday!
- Canal Cruise and Tivoli Gardens amusement park in Copenhagen
Enjoy a magical canal cruise and entrance to Copenhagen’s infamous Tivoli Gardens filled with rides, games, musicals, ballet, and major concerts.
- Fløibanen funicular in Bergen
Connecting the city centre of Bergen with the mountain of Fløyen, the funicular railway journey is included in your package holiday.
- Hadeland Glassverk glassblowing studio in Jevnaker
Known for the wondrous act of glassblowing enjoy an included Hadeland Glassverk glassblowing experiences on tour.
- Ferry crossing Hirtshals-Kristiansand
Connecting Denmark and Norway enjoy the included ferry crossing on your Scandinavian tour.
- Local train from Voss to Myrdal
No need to stress about how you’re going to get from Voss to Myrdal we have included the scenic local train journey into your package holiday.
- ‘Flåmsbana’ from Myrdal to Flåm
Known as the experience of the “world’s best train” over the course of an hour, the included Flåmsbana takes you from Myrdal to Flåm
- 2 hour mini cruise on Sognefjord
With its over 200 kilometers, Sognefjorden is not only the longest fjord in Norway, it’s the second-longest in the world. Enjoy a scenic 2 hour mini cruise on us.
- All sightseeing & entrance fees
There’s no need to go digging through your pockets for entrance fees this holiday, we’ve got you covered!
- Visit Denmark, Norway and Sweden
- Explore Copenhagen, Aarhus, Oslo and Stockholm on guided tours
- Experience the history of Copenhagen from the water on a canal tour
- Visit the magnificent Tivoli Gardens and park
- Take the scenic drive across the Jutland Peninsular
- Cross Norway’s southern bays via coach and ferry
- Stay in iconic, beautiful Bergen
- Take a funicular trip up to Fløyen for incredible views
- Experience the one and only Flam train journey
- Cruise the stunning Sognefjord
- Optional tipping: Approx EUR€2-4 per person, per day while touring (not expected but appreciated by driver and tour leader).
- Tourist visa (not required for Australian passport holders)
- Personal expenses
- Optional entry fees and taxes not mentioned in this itinerary
- Travel insurance (mandatory; speak with your travel consultant about travel insurance options)
From $3999pp* ex Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT PRICE
Single supplement available for just $805 per person.
7 February 2020
Day 1: Australia – In transit (In-flight Meals)
Fly from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth to Copenhagen, Denmark today! Fly with Thai, Qatar, KLM, Singapore, British Airways, Emirates or other full-service airline, subject to availability.
Note: Due to flight times and scheduling, some customers may be required to depart on the day before (day 0).
Day 2: Arrival into Copenhagen, Denmark (Inflight meals)
Welcome to Europe! Upon arrival into Copenhagen airport, be met and transferred to your hotel for the night.
Day 3: Copenhagen (B)
After breakfast at the hotel this morning, take a guided tour into the heart of Copenhagen, comprised of historical buildings and ancient streets. See the Little Mermaid, Gefion Fountain, the Royal residence; Amalienborg Palace and Nyhavn Canal with its charming restaurants and picturesque cafés. See Christiansborg Castle, the home of the Danish Parliament, the Royal Opera House, and many more sights.
Later, experience Copenhagen from the water on a classic canal cruise. Learn about some of the historic buildings and their fascinating history while cruising the network of waterways that crisscross and connect the city.
After the canal cruise, visit the Tivoli Gardens, the second-oldest theme park in the world and the world’s most-visited seasonal theme park. Its delightful mix of rides, attractions, performances and culture make it a treat for adults and children alike
Day 4: Copenhagen to Aarhus Approx 307kms (B)
Depart Copenhagen after breakfast this morning and experience the scenic drive north west to Aarhus, Denmark’s second largest city. On arrival a two hour orientation tour will reveal striking modern architecture and historic neighbourhoods. Then, enjoy free time for the rest of the day.
Day 5: Aarhus – Stavanger, Norway Approx 555kms including ferry (B)
Travel across the Jutland Peninsular today, to Hirtshals and the ferry to Norway. Sail across the Skagerrak to Kristiansand. Then enjoy the incredibly scenic drive north past fjords, lakes and forests to Stavanger, one of Norway’s oldest townships; evidenced in the beautifully preserved wooden buildings that symbolise the region.
Day 6: Stavanger – Bergen Approx 210 kms (B)
Today the tour travels across some of Norway’s most beautiful bays and through Nordic countryside to the famous seaside town of Bergen. Surrounded by soaring mountains and some of the world’s most dramatic fjords, spend the rest of the day taking in the sights of this photogenic and historic icon of the region.
Day 7: Bergen (B)
After breakfast at the hotel today, enjoy some free time to relax and explore Bergen and surrounds at your own pace. Later, be treated to the dramatic funicular trip up to Fløyen – 320m above sea level – an exhilarating experience. The views from the top are breathtaking.
Day 8: Bergen – Geilo Approx 245kms (B, D)
Start a full day of exciting sightseeing today with a drive to Voss followed by the train up to Myrdal to meet the world-famous Flam railway. The Flam track winds steeply through one of Norway’s most stunning valleys, offering panoramic views and photo opportunities.
The day continues on with a 2 hour fjord cruise in Sognefjord, the deepest fjord in Norway and another photogenic place of outstanding natural beauty.
Complete this special day with the scenic drive Geilo, to relax for the evening with dinner at the hotel included today.
Day 9: Geilo – Oslo Approx 220kms (B)
Today, after breakfast at the hotel, travel east toward Oslo. There will a break and time to browse at the Hadeland Glass factory; the source of uniquely stylish Scandinavian glass pieces. Also, take a photo stop at Holmenkollen Ski Jump, the arena surrounding the soaking structure doubles as a venue and has fantastic views to Oslo. Finish the day in Oslo, with free time this evening.
Day 10: Oslo (B)
After breakfast today, take in the highlights of Oslo on a locally guided city tour. See historically significant and beautifully preserved buildings including the Opera House and Akershus medieval fortress. Enjoy time to wander the peaceful Frogner Park and adjacent Vigeland Park, filled with the sculptural works of Norwegian artist, Gustav Vigeland. The rest of the day is free for your own relaxation or further exploration of the city.
Day 11: Oslo – Stockholm, Sweden Approx 525km (B)
Travel from Norway into Sweden today, with a midday stop in Karlstad. On arrival into Stockholm, check in and just relax for the evening.
Day 12: Stockholm (B)
Today’s city tour of Stockholm starts at Fjällgatan for magnificent views of the Swedish capital – spread out on 14 islands with Lake Mälar on one side and the Baltic Sea on the other. See the Old Town ‘Gamla Stan’ with its fascinating narrow cobble-stoned alleys, Royal Palace, Cathedral and City Hall where the annual Nobel Prize award takes place. The tour extends to the recreational island Djurgården, where many of Stockholm’s finest museums are found. Spend the rest of your last day in Scandinavia exploring at your own pace.
Day 13: Depart Stockholm, Sweden – – Australia
Conclude your trip with a transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Day 14: Arrive Home – Australia (B, inflight meals)
3.5-4 Star Self-Rated
- Copenhagen: AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen, Scandic Sluseholmen or similar
- Aarhus: Scandic Aarhus Vest or similar
- Stavanger : Scandic Forum Stavanger or similar
- Bergen: Grand Terminus Hotel/Augustin Hotel/First Marin Bergen or similar
- Geilo area: Bardøla Høyfjellshotell/Storefjell Resort or similar
- Oslo: Quality Expo or similar
- Stockholm: Quality Globe/Best Western Plus Time Hotel or similar
2020 TRAVEL DATES
Dates denoted by an asterisk (*) incur a peak season surcharge: $300 per person
- 14 May
- 4, 25 June
- 23* July
- 6, 20 August
- 3, 17 September
- Pre tour Copenhagen: $190 per person per night twin-share including breakfast (excludes transfers). Solo supplement $130
- Post Tour Stockholm: $150 per person per night twin-share including breakfast (excludes transfers). Solo supplement $95
- Doha 2 nights: From $400 per person twin share. Room only, including transfers.
- Bangkok 2 nights: From $450 per person twin share. Room only, including transfers.
- Dubai @ JW MARRIOTT 2 nights: From $498 per person twin share. Room including Breakfast and Transfers
EARLY ARRIVAL/STAY BEHIND BREAK FEE
- $150 per person plus airfare difference.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All prices are subject to change and availability.
- Prices are AUD per person for twin-share unless otherwise specified
- Optional tipping: Approx EUR€2-4 per person, per day while touring (not expected but appreciated by driver and Tour Leader).
- Tourist visa (not required for Australian passport holders)
- Personal expenses
- Optional entry fees and taxes not mentioned in this itinerary
- Travel insurance (mandatory; speak with your Travel Consultant about Travel Insurance options)
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended. Ask your travel consultant for discounted travel insurance options.
- Copies of passports valid for 6 months beyond trip completion is strictly required at the time of booking. You are liable for all fees due to incorrect or incomplete full names, or passports lacking the required validity.
- A tourist visa is not required for Australian and most other nationalities travelling to Northern Europe. It is your responsibility to check all requirements with your local consulate, embassy or visa centre.
- Each person is entitled to a strict maximum of one checked bag not exceeding 20kg, plus one carry-on bag not exceeding 7kg. However, you are strongly encouraged to pack lightly below these limits, as you will be required to carry your own bag between the coach and hotel rooms, and to and from any other transport, while travelling to multiple cities and hotels.
- Electronic documentation including e-tickets are generally emailed within two weeks of departure of your core tour, irrespective of early departures, pre-tour extensions or stopovers.
- The full service carrier included in your package will be provided when you receive your final documentation. Example default carriers include: Thai, Qatar, KLM, Singapore, British Airways, Emirates or similar.
- We will associate frequent flyer membership numbers to your booking but note that accrual of benefits is determined by the airline based on the prevailing fare issued.
- Please contact your travel consultant at the time of booking for premium economy and business class upgrade quotes.
- All flights or airfare related fees and costs are due immediately upon confirmation by cash payment. Frequent flyer points redemption is not permitted.
- Pre-set airline meals can be requested at the time of booking (or no later than one week before departure) and is subject to availability.
- All flights may involve up to two transits.
- The indicative itinerary and its order are subject to change based on local conditions and as we see fit to ensure the smooth and safe operation of the tour.
- The indicated length of trip includes time in flight and is subject to change depending on the prevailing flight schedule to be provided when you receive your final documentation.
- Tipping for guides and drivers is not required but is appreciated at the end of the land tour. 2-4 Euro per person, per day is sufficient.
- Reference hotels are listed and may be substituted with properties of a similar standard. Final hotels will be provided when you receive your final documentation. All hotel ratings are self-rated locally. All rooms are lead-in type.
- Triple-share may be available on this tour in the form of extra bedding, subject to availability.
- Children under 12 years old are not permitted on this tour. Children over 12 must travel with a responsible adult 18 year or older.
- All costs and fees are fully non-refundable at all times.
- Minimum 20 passengers required to operate, maximum 40 passengers per vehicle.
- Optional programs are subject to availability, time and weather permitting, and prepayable in AUD at the point of purchase. Some tours require minimum numbers to operate. Non-participants must wait at the venue for the group to conclude the activity.
- It is a condition of booking that you must always remain with the tour group and guide for the entirety of the tour. Any departure or deviation from the set tour itinerary is strictly prohibited. Penalties including cancellation of remaining accommodation and
- other arrangements will be enforced.
- A ‘break fee’ for early arrivals, stay behind or stopovers is collected for any deviations from the set dates and group tickets. Transfers are not included for arrivals and departures outside of the set group arrangements.
- Group transfers are at designated times. Transfers outside designated group arrangements incur additional costs. No refunds are provided for unused transfers.
- Exchanging some local currency (Euro) before leaving home is advisable. The local currency can be used for optional programs, tipping, shopping and expenses of a personal nature.
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended. Please contact your travel consultant for a quote on discounted insurance.
- All trip costs and fees are fully non-refundable at all times.
- All efforts must be made to resolve issues on tour with the tour leader. Formal complaints must be submitted within 14 days of tour completion.
- Special meals are generally not available on tour. Please notify your guide of any special dietary requirements. Certain meals can be requested for the flights at the time of booking, subject to availability.
- A basic level of fitness is required for full days of brisk walking with intermittent breaks. This tour is not suitable for people requiring assistance or walking aid.
- WEATHER: Summers in the Baltic region have long, light days. Average low temperatures are around 11°C and the average high is about 22 °C.
PASSENGER INFORMATION CHANGES AND AMENDMENTS
- All amendments and changes are subject to a $150 fee per person, per change. Amendments and changes requested within 60 days of departure for travel will incur a $350 fee per person, per change.
**From price. All prices below are in Australian Dollars and are based on per person twin share occupancy unless stated otherwise.
Savings % is calculated on the maximum discount across all ex points.
Valued at price is based on the maximum price across all ex points.
^Guaranteed availability on selected travel dates only. Restrictions & conditions apply. See website for full terms, conditions & travel dates. Please ask us for further details or visit our website at https://www.escapesguru.com.au. Escapes Guru provides holiday packages offered by Ignite Holidays Pty Ltd & is a subsidiary of Ignite Travel Group. ATAS Accreditation No. A10345.