11 Day Best of Japan
See the best of Japan on this awe-inspiring 11 Day Best of Japan Tour. Including 8 relaxing nights in the best located 3-star accommodation along the way, you’ll travel from Osaka to Tokyo in an air-conditioned coach enjoying breakfast daily and a dinner at a local hotel. All sight-seeing fees are included and you’ll be travelling with a knowledgeable English-speaking tour guide providing valuable insights as you meet native deer at Nara Park, witness the Osaka Castle, Kyoto’s Kiyomizu Temple and traditional thatched-roof houses in Shirakawago. Experience Takayama Old Town and wander through Magome and Tsumago along the ancient Nakasendo trail. See the beautiful Mount Fiji from Lake Kawaguchi & Oshino Hakkai village and roam free in the eclectic and exciting city of Tokyo!
ESCAPES GURU HOLIDAY PACKAGE INCLUDES
- Airfare & taxes with a full-service Asian airline
We’ll get you to and from your holiday with no troubles – all you need to do is pack your bag and make your way to the airport! Enjoy return flights & taxes with a with 20kg checked luggage included in the price!
- 8 nights local 3-star hotel accommodation
Enjoy a total of 8 nights staying accommodation in local 3-star hotel accommodation. Your accommodation is sorted as you make your way through Japan.
- Enjoy breakfast daily and 1 dinner
Feast on a delicious breakfast every day when you pull up a seat for breakfast during your tour! Plus enjoy 1 evening meal on your tour through Japan – for more information check out the itinerary!
- Air-conditioned transportation.
Enjoy the comfort of air-conditioned transportation, as you explore your way through Japan on tour.
- All airport and group transfers
The last thing you want to do on your holiday is stress about how you’re going to get from A to B in Japan. With us, you won’t have to worry! Enjoy transfers on us this holiday!
- Entry admissions for sightseeing
There’s no need to go digging through your pockets for entrance fees this holiday, we’ve got you covered! We’ve included all your sightseeing & entry fees so you can focus on your tour and savour the beauty of Japan!
- English-speaking tour guides
Don’t miss out on a thing this holiday! Your tour includes English-speaking tour leader(s).
PLUS ESCAPES GURU HIGHLIGHTS
- Feed the gentle sika deer at sacred Nara Park
- Marvel at the formidable five-story Osaka Castle
- Pray at the most worshipped Kiyomizu Temple in Kyoto
- Take photos of heavenly Kenrokuen Garden in Kanazawa
- Gasp at the traditional thatched-roof houses in Shirakawago
- Experience a slice of ancient Japan at Takayama Old Town
- Stroll on the beautifully preserved Nakasendo post towns of Magome & Tsumago
- Admire picturesque views of Mt. Fuji at Lake Kawaguchi & Oshino Hakkai village
- Enjoy a free day to explore the boisterous bright lights of Tokyo city
Travel insurance (strongly recommended; speak with your Travel Consultant about Travel Insurance options)
From $2999*pp ex Sydney and Melbourne
From $3298*pp ex Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT PRICE
Single supplement available for just $999 per person
PURCHASE AND BOOK BY
29 January 2020
Day 1: Fly from Australia to Osaka
Fly to Osaka via connecting cities. Note: Some flights may depart one day later.
Day 2: Osaka
You will be greeted upon arrival at the airport by a representative who will provide directions for your transfer to the hotel.
Day 3: Osaka – Nara – Osaka (B)
Visit famous Nara Park, Japan’s sacred deer sanctuary where you may feed and pet the freely roaming sika deer. Afterwards, catch a glimpse of grandiose Todaiji Temple, a World Heritage temple famous for its Great Buddha, and is one of the world’s largest wooden structures. Next stop is formidable Osaka Castle, one of most visibly striking historical landmarks situated in the middle of the city, housing a museum and a viewing platform with impressive panoramic views of Osaka city.
Day 4: Osaka – Kyoto – Osaka (B)
Discover World Heritage Kiyomizu Temple, one of the world’s most celebrated Buddhist temples founded in 778 AD, famous for its wooden stage offering a panoramic view of Kyoto rising out of a sea of maples. Then head to Gion also known as Geisha district and delve into Kyoto’s rich history while admiring the beautifully preserved architecture and traditional customs. Lastly, visit the Fushimi Inari Shrine famous for the magical and seemingly unending path of over 5000 vibrant orange torii gates that wind through the hills making it one of the most recognisable icons of Japan.
Day 5: Osaka – Kanazawa (B)
Embark on a drive off the beaten track to the beautiful city of Kanazawa, sometimes called “little Kyoto”, famous for well-preserved Edo era districts, art museums, regional handicrafts and the country’s best gardens. Here you will visit graceful Kenrokuen Garden, celebrated for its classical landscape designs incorporating ponds and streams.
Day 6: Kanazawa – Shirakawago – Takayama (B, D)
Explore the quaint beauty of unique Gassho-style thatched-roof farmhouses at historic Gassho-zukuri Village in Shirakawago. Then soak up rich Japanese heritage while walking along the Edo-period-style streets of Takayama Old Town at the mountainous city of Takayama. Tonight, enjoy a Japanese buffet dinner at the hotel and try Japanese Hida beef.
Day 7: Takayama – Tsumago – Magome – Matsumoto (B)
The ancient post towns of Tsumago and Magome on the Kiso Valley nestled between imposing mountain cliffs along the Central Japanese Alps is one of the most remote yet authentic sides of Japan. The well-preserved towns served as overnight rest spots for weary merchants and samurais who hiked the historic Nakasendo trail connecting Tokyo with Kyoto in feudal times.
Day 8: Matsumoto – Lake Kawaguchi (Mt Fuji Region) – Tokyo (B)
Lake Kawaguchi of the Fuji Five Lakes region is a hot spring resort town and one of the best places to view Mt Fuji (note: visibility of the mountain is subject to fair weather on non-cloudy days). Then visit Oshino Hakkai village where snowmelt from Mt Fuji runs through the 8 ponds resulting in crystal-clear fresh spring water revered by locals.
Day 9: Tokyo (B)
Enjoy a free day to explore Tokyo. Japan’s bustling capital juxtaposes the ultramodern with the traditional and offers an abundance of beautiful scenery, quirky activities, indulgent food and a vibrant nightlife. Consider travelling around the city on the shinkansen bullet trains with a visit to Tsukiji Outer Fish Market, high-tech entertainment island – Odaiba, iconic Tokyo Tower, the world’s busiest intersection – Shibuya Crossing, numerous ramen restaurants and boisterous izakaya bars.
Day 10: Fly from Tokyo to Australia (B)
A transfer will take you to the airport for your onward journey.
Day 11: Arrive Australia
3 Star Self-Rated
- Osaka: Washington Hotel Kansai Airport or similar
- Osaka: Hotel Plaza Osaka or similar
- Kanazawa: Hotel Vista Kanazawa or similar
- Takayama: Takayama Ouan an or similar
- Matsumoto: Premier Hotel Cabin Matsumoto or similar
- Tokyo: Sunshine City Prince Hotel or similar
- Tokyo Disneyland 1-Day Ticket (excludes transfers) – $199pp (prepaid)
- Tokyo DisneySea 1-Day Ticket (excludes transfers) – $199pp (prepaid)
PREMIUM AIRLINE UPGRADE
From $399 per person
- Fly economy class with a premium airline (e.g. All Nippon Airways, Japan Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific)
- Upgrades subject to availability and apply to international long-haul sectors only
EARLY ARRIVAL/STAY BEHIND BREAK FEE
$150 per person plus airfare differences
- A break free for early arrivals, stay behinds or stopovers is collected for any deviations from the set dates and group tickets.
- Transfers and hotels are not included for arrivals and departures outside of the set group arrangements.
- Additional collection for any airfare difference may apply.
$399 per room per night including breakfast, max occupancy 2 persons (excludes transfers)
2020 TRAVEL DATES
Autumn Leaves Departure: Season Surcharge (*) $149 per person
- 15 May
- 12 June
- 11 September
- 16 October
- 6*, 13* November
Note: Autumn leaves are highly seasonal and subject to changing climate conditions. These are historically the best times to view the autumn leaves but we can’t guarantee they will be visible on these dates.
- Selected dates from: 15 May – 13 November 2020
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You are responsible for obtaining a passport with at least 6 months validity beyond trip completion.
- It is a condition of booking that you provide full names and valid passport information and a copy of your passport photo page.
- DO NOT submit expired or invalid passport information. It is your responsibility to provide updated passport information as soon as possible (no later than 3 months before departure).
- The information you provide will be used to issue components of you booking including air, train and cruise tickets.
- You are liable for all fees due to invalid passports or the provision of inaccurate, incomplete or invalid passport information.
- Australian passport holders are visa exempt for a stay of up to 90 days in Japan.
- You are responsible for checking all visa requirements with the local visa centre, embassy or consulate, and obtaining a valid visa for travel with enough time before departure as necessary.
- Prices are subject to change, availability and ‘book by’ deadlines.
- Prices are AUD per person for twin-share unless otherwise specified.
- Prices do not include optional programs, secondary admissions within sites, porter service at hotels/train stations/airports, personal expenses such as gratuities, laundry, telephone/internet charges and meals not mentioned.
- All amendments and changes are subject to a $150 fee per person per change. Amendments and changes requested within 60 days of departure for travel will incur a $250 fee per person per change.
- All trip costs, fees and components are fully non-refundable at all times.
- Refunds are not provided for any unused trip component including flights, transfers, hotels, cruises, optional programs, attractions, etc.
- Tipping is discretionary but recommended as a show of appreciation for the services of the tour guide.
- Seasonal surcharges (* denoted by an asterisk) apply to certain departure dates.
- Departure city surcharges apply for certain departure cities.
- Single supplement applies for single rooms.
- Each person is entitled to a strict maximum of one checked bag not exceeding 20kg, plus one carry-on bag not exceeding 5kg.
- You are strongly encouraged to pack lightly below these limits as you will be required to carry your own bag to and from coaches, hotels, and trains. Porter service is not included.
- The Japanese train stations are generally very large and sometimes involve 10-15 minutes of walking from the coach to the platform. Please consider that luggage will need to be carried by yourself when packing your bags. Escalators are generally available but may not be accessible at all entrances.
- Electronic documentation including e-tickets are generally emailed within two weeks of departure of your core tour, irrespective of early departures, pre-tour extensions or stopovers.
- Surcharges apply for certain departure cities and flights may be via Sydney or Melbourne.
- The default full-service carrier included in your package will be provided when you receive your final documentation.
- Please contact your travel consultant at the time of booking to request quotes for premium economy and business class upgrades.
- All flights or airfare related fees and costs are due immediately upon confirmation.
- All flights may involve up to two transits in Australian or international connecting cities.
- No show of any flight will result in the automatic cancellation of all onward flights by the airline and rebooking will be at your own expense.
- Payment or upgrades using frequent flyer points is not permitted.
- The length of trip includes time in flight and is subject to change depending on the flight schedule – refer to itinerary for time spent on the ground.
- We reserve the right to adjust the itinerary and order, sightseeing and transportation as we see fit to ensure the smooth and safe operation of the tour.
- In the unusual event that a destination, sight or attraction is unavailable due to weather, local, seasonal, political or other constraints, it will be substituted with a similar alternative.
- The indicated length of trip includes time in flight and is subject to change depending on the prevailing flight schedule to be provided when you receive your final documentation. The number of accommodation nights will not change.
- Due to flight times and scheduling, some flights may depart a day before or after the indicated itinerary.
- A reference to included entrance fees refers to admissions to the main site or attraction but may not include any secondary admissions inside the venue or optional programs marked as “not included”.
- Triple-share is not available.
- Only twin-bedded rooms can be guaranteed, all other room types are on a request basis only and cannot be guaranteed before departure.
- Reference hotels listed may be substituted with properties of a similar standard.
- Double room/bedding requests cannot be guaranteed, and twin bedding will be provided if request is not available.
- Confirmed hotels will be provided when you receive your final documentation.
- All hotel ratings are self-rated in accordance to local standards.
- Hotel rooms in Japan tend to be smaller than other countries.
- All rooms are lead-in category or run of house unless otherwise stated.
- The standard check in time is 2:00pm and check out time is 10:00am.
- The tour is not recommended for children under 5 years of age. Child discounts do not apply.
- Some tours are subject to availability and require minimum numbers to operate.
- It is a condition of booking that you must always remain with the tour group and guide for the entirety of the set program.
- Any departure or deviation from the set tour itinerary is strictly prohibited unless written prior consent is provided by us. Severe penalties including cancellation of remaining land and air arrangements may be enforced without warning and rebooking will be at your own expense.
- All efforts must be made to resolve issues on tour with the tour leader. Formal complaints must be submitted in writing with substantiated evidence within 10 days of trip completion.
- Special meals are generally not available on tour. Please notify your guide of any special dietary requirements but note that choices may be limited.
- Certain meal types can be requested for the flights at the time of booking, subject to availability.
- A moderate level of fitness is required for full days of brisk walking with intermittent breaks. You may encounter occasional flights of stairs at stations. The tour is not suitable for people requiring assistance or any form of walking aid.
- Luggage and personal effects are at the owner’s risk at all times. We hold no liability for lost or damaged luggage or belongings. Comprehensive travel insurance cover is strongly recommended.
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended. Please ask your travel consultant for discounted travel insurance options.
- The pricing, terms and conditions listed herewith shall prevail in the case of any ambiguity or contradiction with other terms.
PASSENGER INFOMATION CHANGES AND AMENDMENTS
- All amendments and changes are subject to a $150 fee per person, per change. Amendments and changes requested within 60 days of departure for travel will incur a $350 fee per person, per change.
- Refer to smartraveller.gov.au website and health practitioner for general advice (https://smartraveller.gov.au/guide/all-travellers/health/Pages/health-checks-and-vaccinations.aspx)
- Carry standard medication.
- Carry hand sanitiser.
- Drink bottled water only.
- Wear a face mask if sick.
- Maximum 40 passengers (estimated).
- It is advisable to exchange local cash currency before leaving home. The local currency can be used for optional programs, meals, shopping and expenses of a personal nature.
**From price. All prices below are in Australian Dollars and are based on per person twin share occupancy unless stated otherwise.
Savings % is calculated on the maximum discount across all ex points.
Valued at price is based on the maximum price across all ex points.
Valued at price is based on the maximum price across all ex points.
^Guaranteed availability on selected travel dates only. Restrictions & conditions apply. See website for full terms, conditions & travel dates. Please ask us for further details or visit our website at https://www.escapesguru.com.au. Escapes Guru provides holiday packages offered by Ignite Holidays Pty Ltd & is a subsidiary of Ignite Travel Group. ATAS Accreditation No. A10345.